Aged Veterans Counselling is a MoD funded service providing free counselling to anyone with military service born before 1950. If you feel you would benefit from this service please contact your regular GP to discuss onward referral. This service is due to expire on the 31st of March 2017 so please get in touch before to be eligible for onward referral.
Key features of this unique free counselling service include:
- Open to anyone born before 1950 who has any military service (including National Service).
- Counselling is extended to family members and carers of veterans born before 1950.
- Counselling can be provided at the home / care home of the veteran.
- The service is completely free of charge, and is funded by the MoD’s Veteran’s Fund.
- The counselling covers all everyday issues, such as bereavement, depression, loneliness and anxiety, and is not restricted to post combat or PTSD issues.
- Most referrals are made by a third party, such as a GP surgery, care home, or a veterans’ charity. Individual veterans can also self-refer.
- All counselling is confidential and provided by specialist BACP accredited counsellors.
Aged Veterans Contact Number: 020 7708 5000 (office hours)
Emails: email@example.com (please note all referrals must come through your GP)
We are delighted to share with our patients that we have been awards Armed Forces Veteran Friendly Practice award by The Royal College of General Practitioners.
What does this mean?
This means that, as part of the health commitments of the Armed Forces Covenant, we have a dedicated clinician who has a specialist knowledge of military related health conditions and veteran specific health services. This is important in helping ex-forces to get the best care and treatment.
If you are ex-forces, please let us know to help ensure you are getting the best possible care.